All men should strive to learn before they die what they are running from, and to, and why.

~James Thurber

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Being an Aunt..............

Well, I am an aunt, again!  My baby sister gave birth to Everett Travis Grubb at 11:47 p.m. on Monday, July 5, 2010.  He is a little bitty fella, cute as a button.  Looks like his daddy to me, but with his mom's nose.  I am amazed at how well my sister handled the whole birthing situation.  She was about as calm as I've ever seen her!  I am so proud of her!!  I expected her husband to handle it all very well, and of course he did!!  Here is a pic of the little fella - I love him already.



So now I am the Aunt to three amazing little boys - and of course Nana to my amazing grandson!

So what exactly does it mean to be an Aunt?  I think about my Aunt Cathy & what she means to me, and my Aunt Norma.  I hope I will be that kind of Aunt to these boys.  I love them so much.  Don't get to see them as much as I'd like with my crazy school schedule, and of course their schedule.  I think about them every day though, and I have a huge bulletin board in my office full of pictures of them.  I wonder sometimes if they really know who I am.  Yes they see me at birthday celebrations, holidays, etc., but I am not a part of their daily life.  That makes me a little sad.  But I think back on my childhood and even though I didn't see my Aunt's frequently, I knew them & got excited when I knew I was able to see them.

The new nephew, little Everett, is so precious.  It will be interesting to see who he becomes.  Will he be a type A like his mom, or a type B like his dad?  Hopefully he'll be the perfect combo of the two of them.

Congrats Lesley & Travis on beautiful little Everett!!  I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment