All men should strive to learn before they die what they are running from, and to, and why.

~James Thurber

Saturday, July 3, 2010

362 days.........Grandchildren are the BEST!!!

Spent most of the day at Watson Mill Bridge State Park with Sarah Jean (my daughter) and Mikey (my grandson). Of course that's AFTER I got a pedicure at a random nail salon on the way to my daughter's house. No lie - the man that did the pedicure was OLDER than me!!! He kept stopping to stretch & check his fingers, like he had pain in his hands or something. He did a great job though...........


Back to the park - what an amazing place! Nature trails, horses, awesome playground....and best of all - the river shoals! We took Mikey down to the equestrian camping area where the horse stalls are - he is obsessed with horses by the way. There were about 10 horses stabled & some were neighing - Mikey starts neighing right along with them!!! When we were leaving, this nice lady named Rosemary from Comer, GA, asked if Mikey wanted to ride her horse, Princess. OF COURSE!!! Rosemary was SO nice - Mikey had a blast - sat up there on that big, beautiful horse, no fear!! The look on his face - priceless!! Check out this pic of him on the horse:




Needless to say the boy was in hog heaven. Left the stables, went to the playground - he loved that too! Ended the day in the cool water at the shoals - didn't take my camera down there. Mikey has NO FEAR!!! He literally tried to run out into the shoals - it was VERY slippery & thank goodness Sarah Jean is so young & agile!! We found him a little pool and he played in it & tried to catch tadpoles.


Went from the park to clean up then headed to the WORST mexican restaurant I've ever been to - if you are in Comer, GA, do not eat at the little place in the strip right in town - terrible!



AND to top all this fun of - my baby sister is pregnant, and found out she is to be induced tomorrow @ 8 pm!!! Her first baby!!! I'm 15 years older than Lesley - I vividly recall the day she was born - I had a ballgame to cheer but left school early & went to the hospital to see her - passed out cold in front of the nursery - went to the game & cheered!!! I can't believe she is having a baby - I am so excited for her & Travis - and this will be my 3rd nephew!!!



Enough! I'm so tired - chasing Mikey is tiring but SOOO rewarding!! Here's one more pic - enjoy!





















No comments:

Post a Comment